X-Ray Senior Scientist
OXOS Medical, Inc. is a fast-growing medical technology startup that is revolutionizing radiology with its FDA cleared, handheld, digital X-ray imaging system, the Micro C®. OXOS Medical puts the future of x-ray in the palm of your hand with unprecedented safety and speed. We enable anyone anywhere to access radiologic diagnostics at the point of care, expanding availability and changing the way healthcare is delivered.
OXOS Medical is constantly innovating, building on our best-in-class imaging device, expanding into cloud-based imaging platforms, robotic guided imaging, intraoperative computed tomography, and telemedical solutions. OXOS Medical has raised $20M to date from prominent MedTech investors, venture capital firms, and renowned orthopedic surgeons.
OXOS is searching for a X-Ray Sr. Scientist to join our high growth company. The ideal candidate will be joining a dynamic team of passionate people who work daily to change the way radiographic diagnostics are delivered. OXOS’ mission is to increase access and availability using the world’s first handheld Dynamic Digital Radiography Device, the Micro C. The X-Ray Sr. Scientist will be responsible for developing X-Ray imaging systems to enable new product development and enhancements of the current product line. The successful candidate will be a key member of the OXOS Medical X-Ray Electronics Engineering group and will be responsible for X-Ray imaging system research and development projects. The successful candidate will be a key member of the X-Ray Electronics development group with primary responsibilities in research and development related tasks. These tasks will include writing product specifications, system modelling, algorithm development, and providing guidance to product development engineers. Designing cutting edge X-Ray imaging systems to advance performance, safety, and reliability of the OXOS Medical product line will be the primary goal of this position.
- Define the requirements for and design radiation imaging systems.
- Perform theoretical modeling of complex designs and proof of concept verification.
- Design and perform image quality verification tests
- Collaborate with a team of scientists and engineers in order to develop proof of concept, prototype, and production-ready systems
- Follow established OXOS Medical product development processes
- Provide regular project technical status reports to management
- Design and lead experiments to inform product specifications, modelling, safety, regulatory compliance, algorithm development, and provide expert guidance to product development engineers.
- Ensure that the product and its associated electrical system meets medical device-related safety and compliance standards.
- Work with quality and reliability engineering to identify and minimize sources of technical risk.
- Manage external vendors and consultants in pursuit of overall technical goals.
- MS in physics, engineering, computer science, or related field w/3+ yrs experience or BS w/ 7+ yrs relevant experience
- Strong hands on experience in medical imaging system testing, design, and verification
- Experience with X-Ray imaging system experimentation, design, and integration
- Knowledge of X-Ray radiation sources and imaging techniques
- Experience with projection radiography image processing techniques
- Experience with data analysis and statistical techniques
- Doctorate in physics, engineering, computer science, or related field w/3+ yrs experience
- Strong working knowledge of low radiation X-Ray imaging techniques
- Experience designing IEC 60601 compliant medical equipment
- Experience with advanced image reconstruction and signal processing techniques
- Experience with high voltage (40+ kV) power supply design
- Experience with dual-energy X-Ray imaging systems
- Proven record of developing junior personnel into domain experts
- Demonstrated experience directing and designing research projects with few engineering requirements
- Demonstrated experience managing production projects under a complete set of engineering requirements
Benefits and Perks
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Competitive pay and equity in the company
- The opportunity to work with an innovative, early stage company that is changing medical imaging as we know it
- Endless opportunities for growth and development
1230 Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30309